If you made a mistake when entering a payment, you need to cancel it or delete it.
Cash payments cannot be deleted, they need to be cancelled. Only non-cash payments can be deleted.
To cancel or delete a payment
- Choose Finances tab → Transaction list from the main menu.
- Use the grid filters to find the payment you wish to cancel in the payments grid.
- Click Cancel to open the New Transaction window.
NOTE: To delete the payment click Cancel.
- In the Amount text box enter amount you wish to cancel.
NOTE: A Payment can be cancelled fully or partially, depending how much money you need to return to the customer.
- Choose the Method of payment.
- Enter other necessary fields.
- Click OK to cancel the payment and to create the refund.
NOTE: Cancelled payments are marked red on the transaction list.